Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Take another little piece of my heart now...

A tragedy of mammoth proportions has befallen my humble apartment. Ok, not really the apartment so much as me, but it happened in the apartment.

About 2 months ago I purchased an external hard drive to store important data on, a place to keep all my pictures and various other questionably-legal (ie tv shows) items. Sunday night, while transferring my computer from my desk to my fabulous kotatsu, I knocked the hard drive over >.<

I've dropped it before and it's been ok, but this time apparently my luck ran out as my computer refused to recognize it when I plugged it in. I took it in to the local electronics store, but they've told me that it can't be fixed.

So, all of my pictures... ALL OF MY PICTURES from October on that were on the hard drive are gone. Yep, vanished, erased, little bits of 1s and 0s etched onto a disk that shall never spin again.

I managed to recover some of the pictures from the recycle bin on my laptop and I have some low-quality versions that I posted on the web of others, but for the most part, they're gone. I am especially disappointed about the pictures from Osaka, as I didn't ever save those to my desktop so there was nothing to recover on them.

Let this be a lesson to us all - save now, save often. And back it up, yo!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's a bummer- do you have my pictures? or is this all later?