Monday, January 12, 2009

2 weeks

That's how long I was home for. And now that I've spent the better part of the last 3 days "re-adjusting" to the 16-hour time change between Colorado and Japan (which is code for "hanging out watching tv and reading"), and it's been 5 days since I returned to the country, I figure now is a good time for an update ^_^

I had a very full two weeks back in Denver, spent catching-up with friends and family and enjoying all that life in America has to offer. Like...

Culture


Art:


Shopping

(^^ day after xmas... BAD IDEA)
Food:



The great outdoors:




(^^ you did know that 1/3 of Colorado is very VERY flat, didn't you?)
The city:



Christmas:

New Year's:

And a good amount of sleeping-in, movie-watching, and just general hanging-out with friends


In case anyone was curious, I had no trouble at all clearing immigration upon my return to Japan. I was a little nervous, since I hadn't spoken Japanese in over two weeks, and I still don't know how to say "re-entry permit"... but I just walked up to the guy, handed him the two books, pointed at the new one and said (in Japanese) 'new passport'. And that was it; he checked my re-entry permit, found it acceptable, and stamped the new passport no problemo. And now, after years spent obtaining a well-populated book, I have one solitary, lonely stamp that says '7 JAN 2009 NARITA'

d(^_^)b

No comments: