Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Concert!

eeek! Haven't updated this in almost a month! m(_ _)m sorry sorry! I've got a few interesting stories to share, and no time to share them at the moment... the new school year is going to start.... in about 2 hours. Yeah, we had a nice long week and a half break between school years, ha ha ha ha ha

Anyway, I went to a concert in Nagoya on Saturday, Punkspring 09. Five bands played, three of which I was familiar with - NOFX, Bad Religion, and Rise Against. NOFX and Bad Religion were probably my two most favorite bands when I was in high school and college, there was basically no way I was going to miss this show ^^

It was also my first concert experience in Japan. For the most part, it was the same as at home - mosh pits, pushing, shoving, loud music (ah, the hallmarks of a good punk show), except that between songs the crowd got real quiet. The bands were also a bit less interactive with the audience, vocally wondering onstage if anybody could understand anything they were saying, ha ha ha ha ha

The quiet did work out for me during NOFX's set though, when I shouted "I love you!" to Fat Mike (the lead singer) and he said "that's sweet, but let's try to keep this more of a friendly relationship" ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I love that band.

I didn't take my camera in, but here are a few pics from the show I got with my cellphone

Rise Against

Bad Religion

NOFX


Hooray for spring!!!

No comments: