Tuesday, October 2, 2007

It's not all sunshine and roses...

I am currently in the process of making a display for the English bulletin board at MJH. I have decided to make a poster about Colorado - in the shape of the state using pictures and post cards that I have brought from home (or that Mom was kind enough to send to me). I've already made one display highlighting the wonders of Mexican food - complete with pictures and descriptions of different dishes ^_^

Anyway, the process of creating this collage has brought me my first real wave of homesickness since I was jet-lagged in Tokyo. Looking at all the pictures and remembering how beautiful Colorado is in the fall, and how I can't just drive down to the Springs to check out the aspen on Pikes Peak. And how the super-amazing-awesome "Picture-taking-party" is coming up at MWH. Ahhh, Steamboat. Somehow I don't think I'll be including any pictures from those fun times in my school displays, heh heh.

But what I miss the most are the familiar views, the things I saw every day. Or almost every day. Like downtown, the dog park, and the flatirons

Rock on, Colorado. You're beautiful. And I'll make sure everyone here knows it too ^_^

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not to mention all the awesome people in colorado... :P