Tuesday, October 16, 2007

World Series here we come!

I found out today at work from my baseball-loving JTE that the Rockies beat the D-backs in game 4 of the NCLS Championship Series today. Er, I suppose technically it was yesterday since it was in Denver... last night really.

..but let's not get distracted by things like time and space. The Rockies are going to the World Series. The Rockies are going to the World Series.

For the first time in 15 years, the game will be played in Denver. And where am I? I'm in Japan! lol, the irony kills me. I remember when they first played in Denver. Back when we were breaking attendance records left and right because they didn't have their own ballpark and had to play at Mile High stadium.

I had my 12th birthday party at a Rockies game.

I saw them sweep the Yankees in game 3 of that series this summer. I was also technically "working" during that one, heh heh. Ah, consulting.

But I digress. The World Series. In Denver.

I mentioned before that there were three of us who came here together from Denver. I received this lovely txt today from Dan, one of the guys in our trio.

one of us is unlucky and kyle and i think it is you. that is why we didn't win until you left the country. ^_^

lol, bastard.

I updated the English bulletin board at MJH in honor of the win:

sorry for the poor quality, I took it with my phone. It's a little Matsui-heavy, but considering my audience I opted to go with pictures of people they'd be interested in. I mean, it's not like they're going to actually read the articles. Besides, he had that incredible home-run :D

I heard from a little mouse (actually, it was Dave) that Isaac is going to try to get as many tickets as he can for the games. Good luck buddy! I'm so jealous, but I really do hope you get to go.

And send pictures, please!

No comments: