Friday, March 21, 2008

It's not just a comic strip

Peanut Butter is expensive here. And somewhat difficult to find. It's not carried by the little grocery store in Miya, I have to go to Takayama to find it. And when I do, it's in a teeny-tiny jar that costs about 5 bucks. Heh heh, not that that's saying much these days, hu? (-_^)

Anyway, I've been experimenting with different spreads that I find at the store and yesterday my friend Maki pointed out "peanut cream", sitting by the peanut butter.

Yep. Peanut cream.

"pi-nattsu kuri-mu"

Ever the scientist, I figured I'd try it out. You know, as an "experiment". Upon opening the container, you find a creamy, carmel-like substance that smells like peanuts.

The creamy-texture makes it spread nice and smooth, and goes fabulously with apples

mmmmmmmmm. peanuts. what will they think of next?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

is that a hint for a jar of Skippy?