Monday, March 10, 2008

With nuts.

I have now decided I like peanut butter.

This is a momentous occasion; for my entire life until now I was always the kid who had jelly sandwiches instead of PBJ, because I couldn't stand the PB in the PBJ. I ate J's only.

Something about skippy super chunk is appealing to me right now in a bad bad way.

Who would of thought. Of all the things I might begin to like since moving to Japan, it's peanut butter.

------

On a completely unrelated (or is it?) note, spring is coming to Takayama. I spent last weekend in Tokyo where the weather was mighty fine (sunny, in the 40's-50's) and came home to the residual 1-1.5 feet of snow in the Hida region (last week it was more like 2-3 feet). But today, it rained. With snow on the ground, it rained.

What a strange experience. Walking past a foot of snow on the rice fields and it's raining.

Which reminds me, I have now lost every single umbrella I had in my possession. I either left it on a train, a bus, at a school, or it was stolen. One of the one things in Japan it is considered culturally acceptable to swipe is the umbrella. So, last October I had 5. Now, I have 0. Next time I'm at the store and it's raining, somebody's losing my favorite phonics "U" word.

No comments: