Sunday, June 10, 2007

Books!

I received a package from the Consulate General of Japan yesterday that included a letter and two books, the JET Programme General Information Handbook and Japanese for JETs.


The handbook comes complete with a cheesey informational video about adjusting to life in Japan and what to expect in the program. Dave and I watched it last night; if its goal was to get me thinking more about what will *actually* happen once I do arrive in Japan, then it worked ^__^ I am definitely feeling the impending upheaval of my life, and the move seems much more real now. That might have something to do with my turning in my letter of resignation at my job on Thursday as well...

Anyway, the handbook is full of information about things to do before you leave (forms to fill out, tax information, bringing prescriptions to Japan, etc), what to expect in way of a contract, working conditions, general cultural things about living in Japan, etc. It is also written in both English and Japanese.


Yep. Japanese.


What have I gotten myself into?!?!! XD

Still haven't heard anything from Takayama or my predecessor. But I am motivated to actually fill out the IRS Form 6166 to get my Japanese tax exemption. Probably shouldn't have put that off until mid-June...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Konnichiwa!!

Can't wait to read of your adventures. Wow you were born in the year of the monkey. See I found out somehting cool already.