Monday, June 25, 2007

Denshi Jisho!

Ok, this doesn't technically have anything to do with JET, but it is sort of Japan-related, and I don't have many things to post about right now since I'm still waiting to hear anything from Takayama. I did hear a rumor we should get some kind of notification around Tues or Weds of this week... but we'll see.

I have been looking for a good English/ Japanese electronic dictionary (denshi jisho) to take with me. It just so happens the Nintendo DS has a "game" called Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten, which is essentially an electronic dictionary. Plus, you can draw in kanji to look up via the touch pad of the DS, and it's relatively inexpensive as compared with most traditional electronic dictionaries.

So, in the name of frugality and common sense, I purchased a Nintendo DS Lite yesterday. I wanted a blue one, but the only options Best Buy has are black, silver, and pink. So I went with black.

I was real impatient to get into it in the car on the way home. Which proved eventful, as the packaging for the thing is virtually impenetrable without scissors...






Eventually I persevered, and voila! We have my new toy dictionary



Since I have to wait for the dictionary game, I purchsed Super Mario Bros. And it's been a hoot! lol The screen is really nice. And I love the dual-screen and the touch pad on it. And drawing stuff with the stylus. Which I am sure I will lose fairly quickly. Heh heh.

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass doesn't come out in the US until December. But, fortunately, I am moving to Japan in a month and it's alreayd been released there. muahahahahaa!!!

No comments: