Saturday, August 11, 2007

Tokyo, part 2

I finally got the internet working at my apartment, which means I can now finally update the rest of the story so far! It's going to be alot, so I'll break it out into a couple of posts. First I'll finish off Tokyo orientation. When I last left off, I had gone out with some people to Akihabara. After orientation finished on Tuesday, I finally got to meet up with my friend Michelle, who lives in Tokyo. We had been planning to meet for months, and it was so awesome to finally see her! And she is just made of awesome and I really hope I get a chance to go back to Tokyo and spend more time with her.



We didn't get to spend a lot of time together as I had a prefectural party that I said I would go to. It was an opportunity for all the new people headed to Gifu in Group A to meet, so I didn't want to miss it. We went to an izakaya near the hotel for dinner and then a bunch of people went out for karaoke afterwards.





mmmmm.... beer


It was my first time at a karaoke bar, and it actually isn't as terrifying as you'd think. These days the popular thing to do is get a room with your friends and then all sing together. So it's not nearly as intimidating as I imagined. One guy we were with was really good, and kept takign the microphone when a song he really liked came up, lol





Our best score was on Paradise City (GNR) :D




It's amazing what beer, being in a foreign country, and not really knowing the people you are with will do for your singing ability. Ha!

After karaoke some people went out to the bars, but I opted to head back and get some zzzz's. It was already close to midnight and we were headed out to Gifu the next day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I wish I had done that when I was younger. I would do it now if I could bring my animals. Great blog!
~Scarlett