Wednesday, September 19, 2007

American Football, Japanese-style

Last night I saw something on Japanese television I thought I would never see. Here in the land of baseball fanatics, kendo masters, and karate enthusiests, I saw...

American Football. On tv. Broadcast Japanese tv. One of my 5 channels. I kid you not.



Got all the highlights including scores and upcoming games. Thankfully, Mom has been keeping me updated on the Broncos nerve-wracking wins so far this season as although I can read katakana, I'm really slow and am barely able to make out team names before they switch to the next set.


... pakka-su to jyaiantsu (Packers and Giants - bottom set)

The strangest thing was hearing the football music with Japanese announcing. And THEN, following the game coverage, we were treated to a special on....

Peyton Manning >.<


No sign of college football yet.

Also, since I'm talking about football, I would just like to take this opportunity to mourne the performace of my beloved Buffaloes; 2 sorry sorry losses following that spectacular defeat of CSU. Well, at least we beat the Rams, heh heh. I would have LOVED to have seen that game.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's cool- and surprising