Saturday, September 15, 2007

The power of toast

I've eaten a lot of strange things since I got here. Many times I have no idea what it even is, but I have yet to turn my nose up at anything, except the minnows they serve with lunch >.< I'm not kidding - it may not really be a minnow, but where I come from those things are called bait, not food. I usually end up offering them up to my students, who are hit or miss in the bait-eating department.

Anyway, I often find it a challenge to procure familiar food here as things like cheddar cheese and Cap'n Crunch are virtually non-existent (I've yet to see them at least). However, Japan has one thing going for it in the breakfast department that America just can't compete with.

The bread here is perfect for making French toast. As evidence, I give you my breakfast this morning:



Thick, square, comes in packages of 8 (honestly, who can eat an entire loaf of bread on their own before it goes bad?) When paired with some honey, bananas, and cinnamon, there really is no beating it ^_^

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah yes, but how does it compare to the power of cheese?

Unknown said...

looks good to me, but Fritz would agree with David- and I agree with the size of the bread loaf- and so does most of the world, eight is enough> I don't care for those bluie grey spots either. Mom