Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Because

Today the ni nen sei at MJH (2nd year, or 8th grade) learned "because". I gave them a practice sentence they had to try to finish in front of the class -

"I study English because ____."

Answers ranged from "I study English because testo pointsu" to "I study English because need points on test" to "I study English because it's hard" and finally the best one "I study English because I want to speak English". I was really impressed with that one ^_^

Anyway, my JTE and I had come up with a second sample sentence for them to work on, sort of a as a fun way to practice. The sentence was:

"I like Jen because ____."

We decided to have them work on it in groups and then the group with the best answer would get a prize from me - lapel pins from home. And oh, were the answers cute! I am sure I was blushing the whole time. I know they were out to butter me up a bit to win, but still, who doesn't like hearing such things as:

she's cute, she's very beautiful, she is like a beautiful phoenix (I think, I couldn't quite understand that one), she is kindness, she is easy to understand, I like talking to her, she is very very cute (heh heh), etc.

The winners actually put together practically a composition, which went something like this:

I like Jen because she has motorcycle license. She is kind and she is beautiful and very cute. So I like Jen very much."

よかった!! (yokatta! It was great)

No comments: