Saturday, November 3, 2007

Fall in Miya

It's fall now here in Miya, a combination of beautiful colors, fog, sunny days, and cold nights. Today is just a small post, to show you the season here in Japan. Just about every morning for the past two weeks I've woken up to this scene:


Which changes most afternoons to this:


And today, the colors in town are probably approaching their peak, with my view becoming this:



My friends from Texas are all impressed with the multitude of varied colors in the foliage; being from Colorado I already know what a beautiful fall looks like. But here it's just a little bit different, there is more vegetation and more variety of color in the forests than at home. Though I do miss the brilliant gold of the aspen in the Rockies. Fall has always been my favorite season, and this year is no exception :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very beautiful. Looks like I missed the best by a few weeks, which is the story of my life. ;)